Kapong tubing and elephant bathing
Day trip from Phuket to Kapong, Phang Nga
Kapong Safari tour
Plus elephant bathing or elephant trekking or a combination of both trekking and bathing.
All tours include a 4×4 off road jungle ride and a gentle trek through the bamboo forest to Hinlad waterfall for a swim.
- Tour 1: Tubing and elephant bathing
- Tour 2: Tubing and elephant trekking
- Tour 3: Tubing plus elephant trekking and bathing
Schedule & Itinerary
The best time for Kapong tubing is May to December. From January to April when Thailand is very dry the river levels may be too low.
Sample Kapong safari itinerary:
07.00 hrs: Pick up at your hotel in Phuket and transfer by AC minibus to Kapong in Phang Nga province.
09.00 hrs: Elephant trekking and/or elephant bathing.
11.00 hrs: Visit the rubber and rice plantations.
12.00 hrs: Thai set menu lunch (tom yam, sweet and sour fish, mixed vegetables, fried chicken, tempura, rice, fruit).
13.00 hrs: 4×4 off road jungle safari.
13.30 hrs: Tubing & walk through the jungle to Hinlad waterfall.
16.30 hrs: Transfer back to your Phuket hotel.
- Tour 1: Tubing and elephant bathing: 2,500 baht per adult /1,600 baht child per child
- Tour 2: Tubing and elephant trekking: 2,700 baht per adult / 1,800 baht child per child
- Tour 3: Tubing plus elephant trekking and bathing: 3,000 baht per adult / 2,100 baht per child
Child = under 12 years
Tubing is suitable for children over 6 years old and is not recommended for the over 60’s or pregnant women.
Prices include an English speaking guide, a Thai food lunch (vegetarian available on request), drinking water, round trip transfers from Phuket main beach hotels*, insurance, life jackets and helmets.
*300 baht/person extra charge for return transfers from hotels in Rawai, Panwa, Maikhao, Naithon, Khaokad.
What to take: Swimwear, towel, camera, dry clothes, sunscreen, mosquito spray.
Cancellations: Must be made by email from the lead contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of cancellation the following charges apply:
– 7 days or more prior to the package or tour date: full refund less bank fees.
– 3-6 days prior to the package or tour date: 30% of total price
– Within 72 hours of the package or tour date, or no show: 100% of total price.
Weather Policy: This is an all weather tour and still runs if it is raining in the morning.
Baby elephant bathing!
Tubing Phang Nga
Tubing and elephants
What to expect
Kapong is a beautiful district of Phang Nga province about 60 minutes drive from Phuket. This day trip has something for everyone including unspoiled jungle, exhilarating river tubing, swimming at a three tier waterfall and interacting with elephants at the Phang Nga Elephant Park, an excellent environment where the elephants’ welfare is a priority.